Saturday, November 27, 2010
When left to their own devices children will create their own functional microchosm. It took my kids less than an hour to come to this point.

After a busy Thanksgiving, I was taking a little time out in my bed reading and listening to the kids play. I knew my time was up when I hear the following conversation:

JACK: Hey, Emma. Let's go outside.
EMMA: OK.
JACK: We can play deer hunter. You are the deer and I am the hunter.
EMMA: OK.

Sounds of back door opening.

JACK: I'll shoot you. When you get hit, you lie down. OK?
EMMA: OK.
JACK: Now, run! Fast!

Isn't there some book about that?  If not, I'm gonna write it.

1 comments:

Anna said...

COME ON, you pansy! You had AT LEAST twenty more minutes before it got really ugly. I mean, I've seen Emma run; she's fast AND wily.

Visitors

hit-counter-download.com
Get a free hit counter here.